Saturday, January 19, 2019

Masculinity

Young Men Who Endorse The Masculine Ideal of Success Enjoy Greater Psychological Wellbeing. 
  • Men who "more strongly endorsed the masculine ideal of 'success and winning' (they agreed with statements like 'In general, I will do anything to win'), tended to score higher on psychological wellbeing six months later." 
  • Men who "endorsed the masculine 'Playboy' ideal (they agreed strongly that 'If I could, I would frequently change sexual partners') and/or the 'power' ideal ('In general, I control the women in my life') tended to report lower wellbeing six months later." 
  • And "those who scored highly on the Restricted Emotionality sub-scale – for instance, they agreed 'I have difficulty expressing my emotional needs to my partner' – also tended to report lower wellbeing six months later."

No comments:

Post a Comment